Answer each of these questions in a few words.
These are your own thoughts: There are no right or wrong answers. Share them with your college counselor and parents as you begin to think about college.
- What do you think of when you hear the word “college”?
- Who do you know who goes to or has been to college? Where?
- Why do you think students continue on to college after high school?
- What jobs do you think require a college education?
- What colleges do you know about? How do you know about these colleges?
- What other things do you think that you can do in college besides study and take classes?
- Why do you want to go to college?
Adapted from Addressing the Needs of First-Generation, College-Bound Students: A Comprehensive 5th–12th Grade Approach by Joshua Cabral.
Use the following questions as you begin your colllege search. Your responses are for your personal use and for you to share with your school counselor and parents as you build your college list.