Students are eligible to use the form if:​

  • They have received or are eligible to receive an ACT or SAT testing fee waiver.
  • They are enrolled in or eligible to participate in the Federal Free or Reduced Price Lunch program (FRPL).
  • Their family's annual income falls within the Income Eligibility Guidelines  set by the USDA Food and Nutrition Service.
  • They are enrolled in a federal, state, or local program that aids student from low-income families (e.g., TRIO programs, such as Upward Bound).
  • Their family receives public assistance.
  • They live in federally subsidized public housing, a foster home, or are homeless.
  • They are a ward of the state or an orphan.

Gap year students or individuals choosing to defer applying to college rather than immediately transitioning after high school graduation must obtain independent certification of their eligibility to use the form according to the form’s instructions. NACAC recommends that prospective students in these categories contact the admission office of the institution(s) to which they are seeking admission regarding an institutional fee waiver. If you are a transfer student, see the Transfer Fee Waiver.