NACAC Virtual College Fairs are dynamic, digital meeting spaces that connect high school juniors and seniors and transfer students with colleges and universities.
Colleges and universities that register to exhibit at NACAC Virtual College Fairs receive an extensive array of services as listed below. These are related to your institution's virtual presence, prospects generation, exhibitor services, and attendance marketing. Specific how-to information is provided in the Exhibitor Success Guide for Virtual College Fairs.
Exhibitor fees for NACAC Virtual College Fairs help fund the continuous improvement of the program and contribute to overall support for the association.
If you were an exhibitor in Fall 2020, please review the What's New section for an overview of changes that go into effect in Spring 2021 regarding platform access, fair hours, session lengths, and more.
Access and Services
The purchase of a "virtual booth" gives exhibitors access to virtualcollegefairs.org and the opportunity to create a virtual presence on this increasingly popular college search site. NACAC's promotional efforts lead students and families to virtualcollegefairs.org where information about your college can be viewed.
In addition, on each fair date, thousands of students arrive on the site to interact with admission representatives offering live Zoom sessions about their college's programs and services.
A virtual booth provides your institution with the following:
- Profile page ― This is similar to a display ad for your institution. Your institution's signature image and description are viewable on the site from the day you add them through the end of the fair or season.
- Live sessions ― What attracts students is the opportunity to interact with colleges. For Signature Fairs, you may schedule up to six live Zoom sessions to engage with students. These will be viewable from the day you add them through each session's end time. Our expectation is that each exhibitor will offer at least two sessions that students can attend on the fair date.
- Videos ― You may add to the platform an unlimited number of videos related to your institution. These will be viewable through the end of the fair or season.
- Scheduled meetings ― You may offer the opportunity for students to schedule one-on-one meetings with admission staff. Meeting slots can be offered through the end of the fair or season.
- Text chat ― Your staff can participate in text chat with students who are then counted as a prospect. This feature will be available in Spring 2021. More information to come.
- Attachments ― You may add an unlimited number of resources as supplements to your live sessions and videos.
- User access ― You may invite an unlimited number of staff to access the platform.
Each time a person interacts with your institution's content, they become a prospect and you receive their contact information.
- Full contact information ― The prospects report from NACAC Virtual College Fairs is high value because it provides full contact information for each individual and is based on actions specifically related to your institution. The report includes email addresses, cell phone numbers, mailing addresses, intended enrollment terms, major interests, and more. The prospects report can be easily imported into your institution's CRM.
- Demonstrated interest ― Your institution earns prospects when participants take one or more of the following actions that demonstrate interest in your institution: attend a live session, schedule a meeting, view a video, favorite your college, access an attachment, or participate in text chat. Individuals remain on your prospects report for one year.
- Real-time report ― Prospects are generated in real-time. The prospects report is cumulative and can be downloaded by your Leads Contact for one year following the end of your institution's last fair.
We appreciate your efforts! It takes time to become familiar with virtualcollegefairs.org and to create engaging Zoom sessions for students to attend. The following services are in place to support you and your institution:
- Technical support ― Chat, phone, and email support is available from firstname.lastname@example.org for up to two business days before each fair.
- Account support ― NACAC provides billing support through email@example.com and general support through firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions are answered within one business day.
- Training ― How-to videos are available to guide you through the admin.visitdays.com onboarding steps. In addition, free live webinars help you make the most of the virtual fairs. They are offered each season and are available to everyone on your staff.
- Day-of-event services ― NACAC and VisitDays provide day-of-event services to ensure the smooth operation of each fair event. These include platform monitoring, chat technical support for students, chat counselor support for students, and more.
It's about the students! NACAC takes an omnichannel approach to promoting student attendance at virtual fairs. For Signature Fairs, this includes:
- Counselors outreach ― Secondary school counselors, independent educational consultants, and community based organizations are important gatekeepers to students. We tap into NACAC's extensive database, other lists, and partner organizations to reach these audiences.
- Digital marketing ― Each fair includes a robust digital marketing plan in order to reach students and parents where they are.
- Partnerships ― NACAC's standing within the higher education community means we're able to enter into promotional partnerships that drive the attendance of thousands of motivated students.
- Affiliate connections ― More than 20 affiliate organizations support and advance the work of counseling and enrollment professionals within specific geographic regions. Their connection to counselors and students is unparalleled.
- Promotional resources ― NACAC provides promotional kits for different groups. These save time and ensure brand consistency when reaching out to each audience.
- Text reminders ― Automated text and email reminders are sent to registrants. These support attendance at your college's live sessions and meetings.
If you were an exhibitor in Fall 2020, please note the following:
- Platform Access ― You can access admin.visitdays.com using the same username and password you used in Fall 2020. Although you may login immediately, exhibitor access to admin.visitdays.com does not fully open until Dec. 1. Any new users you add will receive onboarding information directly from VisitDays.
- Adding Sessions― Live sessions (and scheduled meetings) can be added starting Dec. 1.
- Text Chat ― In Spring 2021, text chat will become available for students and college admission representatives. This feature was widely requested by exhibitors during the inaugural season of NACAC Virtual College Fairs and we're excited to offer it! More information to come.
- Fair Types ― We now refer to the type of virtual college fair offered in Fall 2020 as "Signature Fairs." Signature Fairs attract the largest number of students and feature the most college exhibitors. In addition to these, NACAC is introducing "Focus Fairs" in Spring 2021. These offer colleges the opportunity to exhibit at fairs that are marketed to specific groups of students (by state of residence, for example, or by interest area) and include a more limited number of college exhibitors.
- Fair Days and Hours ― All fairs for Spring 2021 are one-day events. Signature Fairs will be held on Sundays starting at 1 p.m. ET and will run for six hours. The days and hours for Focus Fairs will be announced soon.
- Session Quantities and Length ― Exhibitors at Signature Fairs may offer up to six sessions per fair. These sessions may start at any time during the hours of the fair. Exhibitors may decide the length of their sessions, up to the maximum length specified for that fair. For all Signature Fairs, for example, the maximum session length is 60 minutes. (Note: Exhibitors will no longer be asked to offer a session during a region-focused block).
- Exhibitor Fees ― Exhibitor fees are $425 for NACAC member institutions (unchanged from Fall 2020). A new fee of $495 for nonmembers is now in place. In Spring 2021, these exhibitor fees are consistent across all fair types.