Contracts for exhibit space at the NACAC National College Fairs will be accepted from gap year programs that:
- Have been in business a minimum of 2 years
- Are properly insured and registered
- Have a risk management plan on file
- Have an inclusion / diversity policy publicly available
- Have student policies publicly available
- Have a mission statement publicly available
- Have essential eligibility criteria (effectively outlining minimum qualifications to attend a program)
Registration Check List:
1. Be sure you are eligible to participate. See paragraph above.
2. Gap year programs are expected to adhere to the NCF Exhibitor Guidelines.
3. Complete the registration form.
Register for Spring 2018 fairs online
Internet registration is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Reservations made online will receive an immediate confirmation.
We encourage gap year exhibitors to register as soon as possible in order to be included in marketing materials for the fair(s).
- Note: Booth space will not be assigned until your booth order is paid in full or a signed PO is received by NACAC.
- If payment is not received by designated dates, the exhibit order will be canceled. Notification will be sent by email for all cancelations. In the event that this happens, institutions will need to reregister online and make payment in full by credit card.
- In order to exhibit, visit https://Hub.nacacnet.org to re-register. You must use a credit card and make payment in full.
Additional Terms and Policies:
Cancelation and Refund Guidelines
All NACAC National College Fair changes and cancelations must be submitted in writing on institutional letterhead by either email or by faxing to 703-373-2372. All refunds and credits are subject to a $25 processing fee.
Registrations that are canceled or switched to another fair are subject to approval and are assessed cancelation and additional processing fees (including difference between early-bird and regular registration rates.) These fees must be collected prior to registration changes being processed.
If a National College Fair is canceled by circumstances beyond the control of NACAC - such as acts of God, war, government regulations, disaster, civil disorder, or curtailment of transportation facilities - to the extent that such circumstances make it illegal or impossible to allow a National College Fair to occur, the registrant agrees that they will not hold NACAC liable for the cancellation and/or disruption of the program.
If a National College Fair is canceled, the registrant agrees to hold NACAC and its agents blameless and to accept the credit policy agreed upon by the NACAC Board of Directors.
Spring 2018 National College Fairs Cancelation/Refund Timeline
- One month prior to fair date:
50% credit/refund (minus $25 processing fee)
- Within one month of fair date:
Additional Scanner fees are non-refundable. For more information, call our Data Management Team at 800/822-6285.
Member prices are not retroactive for institutions that join NACAC after submitting a National College Fairs Booth Registration Agreement. Separate university programs from a member institution may participate in the National College Fairs at the member price provided that each program is identified as a part of the parent institution. Programs that are identified separately in the Higher Education Directory must purchase a separate membership to receive the member price. Learn more about becoming a member.
Lead retrieval services are provided by Technology Resource Corporation (TRC), a company independent from the National Association for College Admission Counseling. TRC will make every reasonable effort to deliver scanned data within two business days from the conclusion of the fair. Should there be any delay exceeding 30 days to deliver the scanned data, the affected exhibitor may be entitled to a refund of the Lead Retrieval service provided. The liability for damages of any cause whatsoever will be limited to the total price of $50 per occurrence for goods and services provided by TRC.
Each scanner holds a maximum of 10,000 student scans. The scanner may be reset by visiting the TRC service desk during the event at no charge.
If you experience onsite or post-event problems with Lead Retrieval, contact CFA Support Team at 888/601-0200.
Additional scanners for Spring 2018 fairs may be ordered at the charge of $60 per scanner. Additional scanners are non-refundable. Please contact DMTCenter@nacacnet.org to purchase additional scanners.
Each exhibitor is responsible for lost or misplaced scanners. The replacement cost is $600. NACAC will invoice once notified by TRC that the scanner has not been returned.
Institutions contracting for exhibit space at a National College Fair agree to have a representative from the institution at the table during the scheduled hours of the fair. This representative must be there on time, and agree to abide by the policies outlined in the Exhibitor Guidelines and by the NACAC Statement of Principles of Good Practice.
NACAC reserves the right to refuse the registration of any institution that does not comply with the stated rules and regulations of the fairs. By signing the Participant/Registration Agreements, your institution acknowledges that you have read and understood the policies of the NACAC National College Fairs and the NACAC Statements of Principles of Good Practice.